University and career guidance
Surval offers careers counselling and guidance to support all girls from Foundation Year to Grade 12 and pre-University students on our International Year course. We enable the girls to make informed decisions regarding their secondary education and help them to make career choices and prepare them for university or college.
Our careers programme includes one-on-one discussions to help girls begin to make decisions about their future. We nurture talents, abilities and interests and work with each girl to allow her to recognise which career path would be best for her and which subjects would allow her to pursue her desired goal.
We use a student self-assessment process to help each girl to think about suitable future career options and then help her to build and develop the skills needed to be successful. We also provide advice on appropriate extra-curricular activities and work experience for her career choice.
For more information please contact Ms Jacqueline Sexton DHT Academic.
Many of our students go on to excellent universities and colleges worldwide. We maintain personal contacts with some of the world’s leading universities. We help girls to select the best university for them by:
- Offering workshops on how to select a university
- Providing information on a wide range of universities, including access to university prospectus, guides and web resources
- Inviting Admissions representatives from leading universities to our school to give presentations to our students
- Helping them to attend International University/College Fairs
- Helping them to make comparisons between universities and courses
- University Application Process Overview
Application process support
We help our students with the application process for university by:
- Providing them with critical information e.g. application requirements, deadlines, fees etc
- Providing references, recommendations and transcripts of their academic achievements
- Delivering workshops on how to write powerful personal statements for university applications, or how to prepare for essays and university interviews
- Conducting mock university interviews
- Preparation for any tests that they may have to sit in order to apply to a particular university or a particular country, such as the Scholastic Aptitude/Assessment Test (SAT), the American College Test (ACT), the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT), BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT), The Law National Aptitude Test (LNAT) etc